The Quincy Soldier's Memorial Bridge consists of two steel truss sections joined together, and long steel girder causeway bridge leading up to the truss sections. The bridge was built in the years 1928 to 1930, opening in May of 1930.
The Chicago, Burlington, and Quincy Railroad operated a bridge just north of this section that was built in 1899. That bridge had two wagon decks hung off of the sides of the bridge for foot, wagon, and light automobile traffic. Once the Memorial Bridge opened in 1930, the wagon decks were removed from the railroad bridge.